C3 Vette Registry - The Best Resource on the Net for C3 Vettes! C3 Vette
Forums -> C3 Driveline Components
Not Logged In! Login or Register!  Users Online: 24 / Help 
Features  Find C3 Parts on ebay in only 2 or 3 clicks!  | Add YOUR C3 to the Registry

Supporting Vendors
Mid America Motorworks
Bair's Corvettes
VetteBookStore.com
CorvetteClothing.com
Volunteer Vette Products

C3 of the Month
None Current
Enter Yours Today!
Online C3 Show
13
C3s are Registered

Vanity Plates
RUCRUZN
RUCRUZIN
Featured Links

Buy Now
Corvette Masterpieces: Dream Cars You'd Love to Own (Hardcover)
Corvette Masterpieces: Dream Cars You'd Love to Own (Hardcover)


Chevrolet Corvette Restoration Guide
Chevrolet Corvette Restoration Guide


Corvette by the Numbers
Corvette by the Numbers


The Corvette Factories: Building America's Sports Car (Hardcover)
The Corvette Factories: Building America's Sports Car (Hardcover)



| Hide Signatures and Profile Pics

 New Topic New Topic Post Reply Reply New Poll New Poll Search     Search Page 1 [2] 3  
 
Support C3VR!
Suport our advertisers
11/19/12 5:35pm - Reply: 'Re: 700R4 '
Case75
Former Member
- Send Private Message


, - Canada

Vette(s):
1975 Corvette 383 stroker w/Patriot 190 heads, Eagle stroker kit, Comp 279TH7 cam, DUI distributor, Edelbrock 7116 intake, Edelbrock 1806 carb, Hedman Hedders, TH400 w/TCI Breakaway 2400 stall, Transgo 1-2 shift kit.

Joined: 6/19/2012
Posts: 230
Adams' Apple said: LOL True.
I read about 1/4 way thru that Wiki thing, and started laughing. It's no different than anything else, tho. Wiki lets anyone that wants to add to/edit everything, so ya never really know what yer gunna get....kinda like a box o chok-o-lits. LOL


So where did these two trannys evolve from or were they clean sheet designs. And why have two different RWD OD trannys at the same time? For torque capacity and size maybe??

____________________________________
 
Build Date: May 7, 1975. 383 w/267 RWHP/310 RWTQ
 Reply Reply  Quote Reply w/Quote
11/19/12 5:42pm - Reply: 'Re: 700R4 '
VikingVette
Former Member
- Send Private Message


Greer, SC - USA

Vette(s):
1978 Black with Viking mural painted under hood AM/FM/CB radio, T-top and a 2013 Cyber Gray Grand Sport Coupe, 2LT for my daily driver

Joined: 3/13/2012
Posts: 264
Thank you Joel (or Doctor Adam's),
As usual, your opinion is always welcomed and often sought out.  I wished that I was as smart as you in JUST ONE THING.
 
so now the question is: buy one as Tonytheroofer suggested, have it re-built and then installed....or bite the bullet and buy a reconditioned one? 
 
After the new radiator, A/C working and before the 2014 caravan, I will be hunting a 700 transmission.  Of course, I still have that valve seal issue, but is is half better...only ONE quart per tank of gas instead of two, like last spring. 
 
p.s. I was at a car show at Hendrick Motor Sports in Concord, NC this past Saturday.  They had trophies for the top 200 (almost 700 cars registered) and I got a top 200.  I also got one more confirmation from a man who has a '74 and has run a body shop his entire life, that my paint is original.  3 mechanics and myself have never found ANY overspray.  This guy I met looked at the hairline fractures around the passenger door lock and told me that (to him) this was a very good sign that the car had never been re-painted.  


____________________________________
Warning: The surgeon general has declared that it is NOT unhealthy to smoke your competition AND I just discovered that my corvette is a hybred.  It burns gas and rubber! 
 Reply Reply  Quote Reply w/Quote
11/19/12 5:50pm - Reply: 'Re: 700R4 '
tonytheroofer
Former Member
- Send Private Message


Rochester, NY - USA

Vette(s):
1980 L- 82 fully restored and upgraded.

Joined: 6/12/2012
Posts: 95
I use to run a transmission company back when a 700R4 was a new tranny , It sucked LOl.. GM worked it out , the 2004R I never did see many because not many where used and if you can get one built well go for it it will be fine . I happen to feel safer with the 700R4 it is more stout and much more common used in millions and millions of cars and trucks.

As far as some questions , if you buy the correct cross member from BTO your exhaust will be fine . Cost for a locally built unit and you supply the core should be under 1000.00 . I would guess a good shop if you bring the cross member , shifter linkages ,TV cable and core would then get around 1200.00 for rebuild and instillation . You will be out of pocket about 1600.00 total with the additional parts .

If you go on line with BTO and others you may be closer to 2k plus . But let me say I did not avoid on line for money , I stayed local because a transmission is not like a crate motor , it is not 100% new it is rebuilt and if you have an issue your local guys can deal with it, your not forced to pull it ship it back and wait on another one . 






____________________________________
1980 , ZZ430 , 3.92 rear , 700R4 2400 stall NEW EZ EFI 
 Reply Reply  Quote Reply w/Quote
11/19/12 5:50pm - Reply: 'Re: 700R4 '
tonytheroofer
Former Member
- Send Private Message


Rochester, NY - USA

Vette(s):
1980 L- 82 fully restored and upgraded.

Joined: 6/12/2012
Posts: 95
Grrr had a error posting yet it posted and I double posted ,, must have gears slipping lmao 







|UPDATED|11/19/2012 2:50:54 PM (AZT)|/UPDATED|


____________________________________
1980 , ZZ430 , 3.92 rear , 700R4 2400 stall NEW EZ EFI 
 Reply Reply  Quote Reply w/Quote
11/19/12 6:54pm - Reply: 'Re: 700R4 '
Adams' Apple Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Moderator
- Send Private Message


Duncanville, TX - USA

Vette(s):
#1-1974 L-48 4spd Cp Med Red Metallic/Black deluxe int w/AC/tilt/tele./p/w-p/b/ Am-Fm/map light National/Regional/Chapter NCRS "Top Flight" #2-1985 Bright Red/Carmine Cp.L-98/auto Member: NCRS, NCRS Texas, Corvette Legends of Texas

Joined: 11/8/2003
Posts: 19449
Case75 said:So where did these two trannys evolve from or were they clean sheet designs. And why have two different RWD OD trannys at the same time? For torque capacity and size maybe??

Kinda sorta.
The 2004R was an upgraded 200. A lot of the actual parts inside the 4r are exactly the same as the regular 200...it's basically a 200 with an overdrive section added to the front end. The 200 was never intended for any kind of torque past what a 4 cylinder(at the time) would produce. The 2004R did upgrade some of the internal parts that were failing miserably in the 200, but it was still never intended for any real performance use. Thus, the 700R4. The GN 2004Rs are a different story.
The 700 was a stout unit, but it definitely had some teething issues, some that are STILL plaguing GM. Planetary failures are still super common. However, the 700 will handle just about anything you wanna throw at it in a car. It don't do so well in a larger, heavier truck(3/4 ton>)....so they never installed a 700 in 3/4 ton or larger trucks...those kept the 400, and eventually the 4L80E, which is a updated 400 w/overdrive.
The 700 was basically a clean sheet design, but they did incorporate some minor parts(mentioned above) from the 350, just to save development costs. Those parts had proven themselves in the field since '69. Some of the dimensions were also carried over from the 350, such as the tailhousing bolt pattern, bushing, and rear seal. Pretty much everything from the center support BACK was 350 derived, but modified for 700 duty.

You CAN get a 2004R that will stand up to mega-torque, but it's gunna cost ya waaaaay more than doing the same with the 700. The 2004R also takes less hp to turn in high gear(3rd), compared to the 700, so a lot of drag racers like to use them for that reason. Not much of an issue on a street car.




____________________________________
Joel Adams
C3VR Lifetime Member #56    
My Link


(click for Texas-sized view!)
             NCRS

"Money can't buy happiness -- but somehow it's more comforting to cry in a CORVETTE than in a Kia"
 Reply Reply  Quote Reply w/Quote
11/19/12 8:05pm - Reply: 'Re: 700R4 '
ROCKRDR
Former Member
- Send Private Message


Lakeside, AZ - USA

Vette(s):
1975 C3 Stingray

Joined: 7/23/2012
Posts: 126
Adams' Apple said:
Case75 said: This Wikipedia article explains it pretty good: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbo-Hydramatic
 
Basically, a 200-4R is derived from a THM200 with better internals which in itself was derived from a cheaper version of the THM350. A 700R4 is derived from the THM400.

I been kinda following along on this one, but I had to jump in...sorry...I just cain't help meself....Embarrassed


" itself was derived from a cheaper version of the THM350"
Uh...not....LOL
Other than the steel checkballs in the valve body, and the use of Dextron fluid, there is absolutely nothing in a 200/2004R that is derived from the 350 series transmissions. These are two totally different transmission designs. Thumbs Up

"A 700R4 is derived from the THM400. "
Uh...again...not...LOL
The 700 is closer to the 350 trans, and even uses the same low/reverse clutches and steels, as well as the center support/low-reverse sprag. The 350(non-lock up) and 400 transmissions can use the same torque converters, but the 350 usually has a smaller diameter converter. The 400 converter will NOT fit the BOP(Buick/Olds/Pontiac) 350s, due to the shape of the bellhousing on those units.

All things being equal, and they rarely are, I would always go for a 700 over the 2004R. Yeah...I know...the 2004R is an easier swap, but the 700 is a better overall trans, with better 1st and O/D ratios. I've heard all of the guys claiming how stout the 2004R is, "They used them in the Burick Grand Nationals and T-Types". This am true, BUT...those transmissions had a LOT of upgrades done, and they still failed.
I do quite a few 700s for guys that are swapping them out for their 400 or 350s....I have yet to have anyone ax me to build a 2004R for them.
This am all just my opinion....I got no dog in this hunt, so....just trying to add a little more info. Thumbs Up


Yo Adam,
 If you have done some of those 700 conversions, would you mind enlightening us
on an exact procedure Thumbs Up .... inquiring minds want to know. Hug

yea, I know there are tons of information but if someone here has the blue prints 
for doing it that would be great, since the 200r4 swap is "easy" this might
make more lean towards the 700 over the 200. not all of us have a shop... either in
our backyard Wink or have the money to pay a shop for this conversion.. mainly
speaking for myself :)


____________________________________
1975 Corvette Coupe 
My first Vette.....trying to fix stuff

My Project:
https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B6uOAIjGf3cWejQ5TjNkcVRybGs/edit
 Reply Reply  Quote Reply w/Quote
11/19/12 8:41pm - Reply: 'Re: 700R4 '
rod7515 Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
- Send Private Message


Red Lion, PA - USA

Vette(s):
1974 White 350 Corvette, TH400 Automatic 1972 Tangerine /Go Mango Convertible 383 Stroker, 2004r Automatic

Joined: 10/27/2006
Posts: 1172
When finishing the 72 I decided to go with an overdrive trans to help during highway driving since I hope to do a lot of it going to the beach. My researched lead me to a 2004r because of the easier installation compared to a 7004r. The main differences in the installation from what I was told (and I can only go by that information since I never did a 7004r swap) are as follows and also keep in mind I was going from a TH400, I could use the original cross member without any modifications. That was true. The original exhaust still worked going thru the cross member. However when I changed exhaust I did have to change the cross member because of exhaust size. The trans mount is the same as well. Now as for the drive shaft I did not have to cut the shaft, but I did have to change out the input shaft and the front universal joint as well. Those are the only differences I ran into. I Purchased my trans from BTO and they upgraded many parts internally so the trans will hold up. Of course with each level of transmission upgrade so does the level of price of the trans. (local trans shop would have done a 2004r trans but none could change internal componets and machine work}The swap itself was easy but you have to go with a TV cable and plate to set it up. I had to make some brackets to fit up for the plate that goes under the carb which also raises the carb just a little bit more toward the hood! I have also installed an upgrade so the converter wont lock up until I reach 45 MPH and will drop out of lockup if I go below 45 MPH. Another $200 bucks. Its worth it! Now as for the gearing from what I understand is that the 1st and 2nd gearing is different with the 7004r having better gearing but once in 3rd gear both are at 1:1 and locked up in OD the 7004r is .70:1 while the 2004r is a .67:1. (if this isnt right let me know} Im not sure what the RPM difference would be but it cant be very much. I run 70MPH @ 2400/2500 RPMs with 4:11 gears. I am happy with the 2004r trans but I would guess if I went with a 7004r trans I would be happy as well.
Now as for the lugging when in OD I experienced this myself before I removed my factory 3:08 rear and installed the 4:11 rear. Mine would lug even at 50MPH and I would have to pull it down into 3rd. Some of that could be due to the cam where a stock engine may not give you that problem as bad. I dont race the car but I do manually shift it so I can feel the shifts! But that is optional!
Well thats my experience. As I said I am happy but only have 800 miles since completing it. Thats probably about the most miles I'll drive it a year so it should last a while.
Rodney


____________________________________

 Reply Reply  Quote Reply w/Quote
11/19/12 9:30pm - Reply: 'Re: 700R4 '
ROCKRDR
Former Member
- Send Private Message


Lakeside, AZ - USA

Vette(s):
1975 C3 Stingray

Joined: 7/23/2012
Posts: 126
rod7515 said: When finishing the 72 I decided to go with an overdrive trans to help during highway driving since I hope to do a lot of it going to the beach. My researched lead me to a 2004r because of the easier installation compared to a 7004r. The main differences in the installation from what I was told (and I can only go by that information since I never did a 7004r swap) are as follows and also keep in mind I was going from a TH400, I could use the original cross member without any modifications. That was true. The original exhaust still worked going thru the cross member. However when I changed exhaust I did have to change the cross member because of exhaust size. The trans mount is the same as well. Now as for the drive shaft I did not have to cut the shaft, but I did have to change out the input shaft and the front universal joint as well. Those are the only differences I ran into. I Purchased my trans from BTO and they upgraded many parts internally so the trans will hold up. Of course with each level of transmission upgrade so does the level of price of the trans. (local trans shop would have done a 2004r trans but none could change internal componets and machine work}The swap itself was easy but you have to go with a TV cable and plate to set it up. I had to make some brackets to fit up for the plate that goes under the carb which also raises the carb just a little bit more toward the hood! I have also installed an upgrade so the converter wont lock up until I reach 45 MPH and will drop out of lockup if I go below 45 MPH. Another $200 bucks. Its worth it! Now as for the gearing from what I understand is that the 1st and 2nd gearing is different with the 7004r having better gearing but once in 3rd gear both are at 1:1 and locked up in OD the 7004r is .70:1 while the 2004r is a .67:1. (if this isnt right let me know} Im not sure what the RPM difference would be but it cant be very much. I run 70MPH @ 2400/2500 RPMs with 4:11 gears. I am happy with the 2004r trans but I would guess if I went with a 7004r trans I would be happy as well.
Now as for the lugging when in OD I experienced this myself before I removed my factory 3:08 rear and installed the 4:11 rear. Mine would lug even at 50MPH and I would have to pull it down into 3rd. Some of that could be due to the cam where a stock engine may not give you that problem as bad. I dont race the car but I do manually shift it so I can feel the shifts! But that is optional!
Well thats my experience. As I said I am happy but only have 800 miles since completing it. Thats probably about the most miles I'll drive it a year so it should last a while.
Rodney


Thank you, wonder how it would be with the 3.36 dont remember the ratio exactly

____________________________________
1975 Corvette Coupe 
My first Vette.....trying to fix stuff

My Project:
https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B6uOAIjGf3cWejQ5TjNkcVRybGs/edit
 Reply Reply  Quote Reply w/Quote
11/19/12 9:40pm - Reply: 'Re: 700R4 '
Redwingvette Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
- Send Private Message


Waterford, MI - USA

Vette(s):
1973 Red coupe

Joined: 9/13/2002
Posts: 1674
Lots of great stuff has been posted so if you are interested I have a page on my install of the 200-4R in my 73. I bought the Level two package from BTO and did the install myself. 
I have a 3.55 rear gear.


____________________________________
Brian - NCM Lifetime Member
          
73 coupe L48, Flat-top pistons, Performer RPM Heads, Crane Cam and roller rockers, Holley 650 vac sec. Performer intake,
3.55 gear BTO 200-4R trans,
Leather seats, F-body seatbelts, Pioneer CD player
Magnaflow Exhuast System
Dewitt radiator and dual electric fans
Borgeson Steering box
Click here for Brian's Home Page 



 Reply Reply  Quote Reply w/Quote
11/19/12 9:47pm - Reply: 'Re: 700R4 '
Case75
Former Member
- Send Private Message


, - Canada

Vette(s):
1975 Corvette 383 stroker w/Patriot 190 heads, Eagle stroker kit, Comp 279TH7 cam, DUI distributor, Edelbrock 7116 intake, Edelbrock 1806 carb, Hedman Hedders, TH400 w/TCI Breakaway 2400 stall, Transgo 1-2 shift kit.

Joined: 6/19/2012
Posts: 230
Rodney: Thanks for giving us feedback on your experience. It helps us all in making some wise decisions.

____________________________________
 
Build Date: May 7, 1975. 383 w/267 RWHP/310 RWTQ
 Reply Reply  Quote Reply w/Quote
11/19/12 11:14pm - Reply: 'Re: 700R4 '
rod7515 Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
- Send Private Message


Red Lion, PA - USA

Vette(s):
1974 White 350 Corvette, TH400 Automatic 1972 Tangerine /Go Mango Convertible 383 Stroker, 2004r Automatic

Joined: 10/27/2006
Posts: 1172
Hey Greg, we all own C3's, how wise a decision can we make! lol

____________________________________

 Reply Reply  Quote Reply w/Quote
11/19/12 11:23pm - Reply: 'Re: 700R4 '
Adams' Apple Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Moderator
- Send Private Message


Duncanville, TX - USA

Vette(s):
#1-1974 L-48 4spd Cp Med Red Metallic/Black deluxe int w/AC/tilt/tele./p/w-p/b/ Am-Fm/map light National/Regional/Chapter NCRS "Top Flight" #2-1985 Bright Red/Carmine Cp.L-98/auto Member: NCRS, NCRS Texas, Corvette Legends of Texas

Joined: 11/8/2003
Posts: 19449
I haven't actually done a swap myself, but I have build several 700s for members here, and several for local club members. The last one for a feller here used a factory crossmember from a '77(I think) to install in his '81, and was a bolt in deal, other than having to elongate the mount bolt holes a wee bit. Of course, he had to shorten the driveshaft, and set up the TV cable linkage. I think he took it to a muffler shop afterwards to finish the exhaust. I did one a few months ago for a club member that bought a Bowtie xmember, brackets, etc., and he had a lot of issues with getting everything to fit correctly, so...who knows? Then again, this particular guy is a perfectionist.
I did do a swap many years ago from a 350 to a 700, but that was on an '82....that should have had a 700 in it to start with....someone had swapped it way back when...when nobody knew how to fix a 700....LOL

____________________________________
Joel Adams
C3VR Lifetime Member #56    
My Link


(click for Texas-sized view!)
             NCRS

"Money can't buy happiness -- but somehow it's more comforting to cry in a CORVETTE than in a Kia"
 Reply Reply  Quote Reply w/Quote
11/19/12 11:35pm - Reply: 'Re: 700R4 '
tonytheroofer
Former Member
- Send Private Message


Rochester, NY - USA

Vette(s):
1980 L- 82 fully restored and upgraded.

Joined: 6/12/2012
Posts: 95
Nice rod7515 with a 3.08 chimed in ! And confirmed my worry that gear would cause some issues. And the BTO cross member fit so well in my 1980 even accommodating the exhaust the goes from driver side and crosses to passenger side I was shocked . Matter of fact I am removing that pipe because the BTO cross member allows for a straight shot from header to over axle pipe allowing me to eliminate that one curved pipe. 

If some had an issue my guess would be he may have had a 80-82 cross for an earlier model that would cause problems or an earlier cross trying to fit it on a 80-82. I until today have never herd of a bto cross not fitting just right it is possible I guess it was manufactured off.


|UPDATED|11/19/2012 8:35:37 PM (AZT)|/UPDATED|


____________________________________
1980 , ZZ430 , 3.92 rear , 700R4 2400 stall NEW EZ EFI 
 Reply Reply  Quote Reply w/Quote
11/19/12 11:57pm - Reply: 'Re: 700R4 '
Case75
Former Member
- Send Private Message


, - Canada

Vette(s):
1975 Corvette 383 stroker w/Patriot 190 heads, Eagle stroker kit, Comp 279TH7 cam, DUI distributor, Edelbrock 7116 intake, Edelbrock 1806 carb, Hedman Hedders, TH400 w/TCI Breakaway 2400 stall, Transgo 1-2 shift kit.

Joined: 6/19/2012
Posts: 230
rod7515 said: Hey Greg, we all own C3's, how wise a decision can we make! lol

True Rod, so true! When I bought mine this year I'm sure some people I know questioned my sanity. LOL

____________________________________
 
Build Date: May 7, 1975. 383 w/267 RWHP/310 RWTQ
 Reply Reply  Quote Reply w/Quote
11/20/12 1:17am - Reply: 'Re: 700R4 '
ROCKRDR
Former Member
- Send Private Message


Lakeside, AZ - USA

Vette(s):
1975 C3 Stingray

Joined: 7/23/2012
Posts: 126
rod7515 said: Hey Greg, we all own C3's, how wise a decision can we make! lol


hear hear brother Handshake

____________________________________
1975 Corvette Coupe 
My first Vette.....trying to fix stuff

My Project:
https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B6uOAIjGf3cWejQ5TjNkcVRybGs/edit
 Reply Reply  Quote Reply w/Quote
11/20/12 1:27am - Reply: 'Re: 700R4 '
ROCKRDR
Former Member
- Send Private Message


Lakeside, AZ - USA

Vette(s):
1975 C3 Stingray

Joined: 7/23/2012
Posts: 126
Adams' Apple said: I haven't actually done a swap myself, but I have build several 700s for members here, and several for local club members. The last one for a feller here used a factory crossmember from a '77(I think) to install in his '81, and was a bolt in deal, other than having to elongate the mount bolt holes a wee bit. Of course, he had to shorten the driveshaft, and set up the TV cable linkage. I think he took it to a muffler shop afterwards to finish the exhaust. I did one a few months ago for a club member that bought a Bowtie xmember, brackets, etc., and he had a lot of issues with getting everything to fit correctly, so...who knows? Then again, this particular guy is a perfectionist.
I did do a swap many years ago from a 350 to a 700, but that was on an '82....that should have had a 700 in it to start with....someone had swapped it way back when...when nobody knew how to fix a 700....LOL

interesting, at least I dont have to worry about the exhaust with side mount pipes Tongue

____________________________________
1975 Corvette Coupe 
My first Vette.....trying to fix stuff

My Project:
https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B6uOAIjGf3cWejQ5TjNkcVRybGs/edit
 Reply Reply  Quote Reply w/Quote
11/20/12 1:28am - Reply: 'Re: 700R4 '
ROCKRDR
Former Member
- Send Private Message


Lakeside, AZ - USA

Vette(s):
1975 C3 Stingray

Joined: 7/23/2012
Posts: 126
Redwingvette said: Lots of great stuff has been posted so if you are interested I have a page on my install of the 200-4R in my 73. I bought the Level two package from BTO and did the install myself. 
I have a 3.55 rear gear.


link didnt work for me :(

____________________________________
1975 Corvette Coupe 
My first Vette.....trying to fix stuff

My Project:
https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B6uOAIjGf3cWejQ5TjNkcVRybGs/edit
 Reply Reply  Quote Reply w/Quote
11/20/12 9:13am - Reply: 'Re: 700R4 '
DaveM Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
- Send Private Message


Flanders, NJ - USA

Vette(s):
1982 Black, ZZ4, Hooker Side Pipes, 3.55 Rear, Rebuilt & upgraded 700R4, All new suspension, brakes, & new Charcoal interior.

Joined: 1/27/2004
Posts: 2530
The side pipes are out of the way, not an issue with the trans.
 By the way Jason, I was looking at your pictures of your rebuild, you've done a ton of work on the car, nice job.
Dave


|UPDATED|11/20/2012 6:13:21 AM (AZT)|/UPDATED|


____________________________________
 

Lifetime Member #116
Dave's '82


   
 Reply Reply  Quote Reply w/Quote
11/20/12 10:14am - Reply: 'Re: 700R4 '
Adams' Apple Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Moderator
- Send Private Message


Duncanville, TX - USA

Vette(s):
#1-1974 L-48 4spd Cp Med Red Metallic/Black deluxe int w/AC/tilt/tele./p/w-p/b/ Am-Fm/map light National/Regional/Chapter NCRS "Top Flight" #2-1985 Bright Red/Carmine Cp.L-98/auto Member: NCRS, NCRS Texas, Corvette Legends of Texas

Joined: 11/8/2003
Posts: 19449
ROCKRDR said:
Redwingvette said: Lots of great stuff has been posted so if you are interested I have a page on my install of the 200-4R in my 73. I bought the Level two package from BTO and did the install myself. 
I have a 3.55 rear gear.


link didnt work for me :(


Try this un...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/565523/1973-chevrolet-corvette/page-15/




____________________________________
Joel Adams
C3VR Lifetime Member #56    
My Link


(click for Texas-sized view!)
             NCRS

"Money can't buy happiness -- but somehow it's more comforting to cry in a CORVETTE than in a Kia"
 Reply Reply  Quote Reply w/Quote
12/19/12 9:20am - Reply: 'Re: 700R4 '
manchestershark Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
- Send Private Message


Equinunk, PA - USA

Vette(s):
1972 conv, 4-speed, 350, 200hp, numbers match, rally wheels, war bonnett yellow w/white top. good condition, nice driver.

Joined: 10/31/2007
Posts: 1895
Any new info on this swap?  I am looking at one. Do not know what it came out of.

____________________________________

Click on image for full view
 Reply Reply  Quote Reply w/Quote
 New Topic New Topic Post Reply Reply New Poll New Poll Search     Search Page 1 [2] 3  
 Forums -> C3 Driveline Components
(Moderator: Adam Wartell, Norsky, Adams' Apple)
 

 
Official C3 Vette Registry Community:
Home | Forums | Email | Who's Online | Clubs | Events | Member Stats

Other Official C3 Vette Registry Areas:
Members | Research | Shop | My Account | About C3VR
 

Corvette is a registered trademark of the General Motors Corporation(GM) & Chevrolet Motor Division. Vette Registries, LLC is responsible for all site content (except for member submitted content or where otherwise noted) and does not claim or imply that Chevrolet or GM is responsible for Official C3 Vette Registry content. Vette Registries, LLC is independent from GM and is not affiliated with, sponsored or supported by GM.  Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended, or implied and are in fact used to support GM, Chevrolet and Corvette

Official C3 Vette Registry content is Copyright 2001-2017, Vette Registries, LLC. Content may not be reused without written consent. All Rights Reserved. NS

Corvette (Vette) Model Years on this site: 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 30