For Sale: $16,900
1981 Chevrolet Corvette: VIN 1G1AY8768B5103350, Silver over Blue with dark blue interior. Numbers matching L81/350 automatic. Cars pedigree (3rd owner), service records, and reconditioning are well document for this 69,023 mile survivor which has its factory original paint, and the following options: power steering, power brakes, power windows, A/c, AM/FM/Cassette player (not in car/but goes with), tilt and telescoping column, Gymkhana suspension, alloy wheels, fiberglass T-tops. Vehicle maintains original look, is a show winner, and will go to a good home. This is a garage kept, well serviced maintained C3. Over the past three years the following projects were completed.
• Rear End: Completely disassemble, service, degreased, and restored (powder coated half shafts, non-moving parts and bolts). Replaced gear/posi-traction fluid and replaced all U-joints.
• Suspension: Front: Removed complete suspension. Cleaned and restored all non-moving parts. Replaced coil springs with powder coated Gymkhana springs. Van Steel, Inc remanufactured all A-arms. Used original type rubber and Moog ball Joints and factory rivets. Powder coated gloss black. All races, bearings, seals and bushings were replaced and blue printed. Replaced/upgraded all shocks to Bilstein (63-82) shocks. Rear: Removed complete suspension. Cleaned and restored all non-moving parts. Replaced Mono-spring with 330lb, factory correct part and leaf-spring bolt kit. Vtech Corvette rebuilt / remanufacture trailing arms which were re-installed with new stainless steel trailing arm shims and pivot bolts. Replaced front sway bar using Eckler’s parts (37138). Upgraded emergency brake system to stainless steel. Upgraded original strut rods with Eckler’s Adjustable rod kit (80-82) (A7129).
• Brakes: Cleaned, rebuilt and restored all calipers, brake shields and non-moving parts. Replaced rotors and brake pads and upgraded to stainless steel hoses and lines. Replaced Master cylinder and cover with period correct part. Upgraded brake fluid to silicone DOT 5.
• Engine: Cleaned and restored engine bay. Replaced all fluids and broken/missing parts. Adjusted valves and replaced all leaking gaskets. Upgraded oil pump rod, replaced radiator with all Eckler’s direct fit aluminum radiator (45254), water pump, all radiator hoses, fittings to transmission, thermostat, radiator cap, correct heater hose kit and used factory correct clamp kit. Original Quadrojet was remanufactured by All American Carburetors and was professionally tuned upon install. Replaced vacuum hoses and reconditioned air-cleaner housing and cover. Restored pulleys and brackets and replaced all belts.
• Transmission: Professional service completed. Drained system, replaced filter and gasket and reconditioned cover. Used new bolts during install.
• Exhaust: Replaced exhaust system with Eckler’s (EXS26) complete aluminized kit. New air tub kit, hanger kit and heat riser. Installed non-original catalytic converter. Replaced all bolts from exhaust manifold back to mufflers. Reconditioned rear hangers, brackets and shields.
• Steering System: Completely disassemble, degreased and repainted all parts. Replaced power steering valve, cylinder, and hoses with Zips Power Steering Renew kit (SC-598/80-82). Replaced all Tie Rod ends and boots (rubber) and had vehicle aligned (front and rear) by Mr. Tire Auto Service.
• Body: Over 40 hours of paint correction. Removed all lights and grills which were cleaned and reconditioned. Striped and repainted rocker moldings and used new mount screw kit. Reconditioned rims and power buffed with aluminum polish. Door handles re-chromed and installed with new gaskets.
• Interior: Removed and cleaned original interior. Dyno-mat (heat and sound barrier) installed, Retro radio (original look with hidden IPOD connect installed) and all speakers upgraded but maintain factory look. Seats and foam replaced with leather, new three door bin and all re-installed with new interior bolt kit. New floor mats, inner and outer window seals/felt installed. Air condition serviced and all duct work cleaned and re-sealed.
• Underbody: Degreased all parts. Stripped and reconditioned cross member, installed new emergency brake cable and replaced bushings, detailed wheel wells, spare tire cover and underbody.
• Steering: Van Steel, Inc remanufactured original steering box. Installed new hardware, rage joint, and steering wheel rebuild kit.
All invoices, receipts, photos, and service history available and goes with car.
Cell: (910) 850-2439email:email@example.com
(large images reduced in size - Norsky)
|UPDATED|7/25/2016 6:56:06 PM (AZT)|/UPDATED|