C3 Vette Registry - The Best Resource on the Net for C3 Vettes! C3 Vette
Forums -> C3 General Discussion
Not Logged In! Login or Register!  Users Online: 17 / Help 
Features  Find C3 Parts on ebay in only 2 or 3 clicks!  | Add YOUR C3 to the Registry

Supporting Vendors
Mid America Motorworks
VetteBookStore.com
Volunteer Vette Products
CorvetteClothing.com
Bair's Corvettes

C3 of the Month
None Current
Enter Yours Today!
Online C3 Show
13
C3s are Registered

Vanity Plates
TRICARB
corvette427
Featured Links

Buy Now
Corvette Masterpieces: Dream Cars You'd Love to Own (Hardcover)
Corvette Masterpieces: Dream Cars You'd Love to Own (Hardcover)


The Corvette Dynasty (Hardcover)
The Corvette Dynasty (Hardcover)


Kindle
Kindle


Corvette Fuel Injection & Electronic Engine Control: 1982 through 2001
Corvette Fuel Injection & Electronic Engine Control: 1982 through 2001



| Hide Signatures and Profile Pics

 New Topic New Topic Post Reply Reply New Poll New Poll Search     Search Page [1] 2  
2/21/14 1:45pm - Original Message: 'Info on 1982 Corvette'
rmendoza
Former Member
- Send Private Message


Colorado Springs, CO - USA

Vette(s):
'68 (2), '75 (2), '86, '90, '98 (2), '06 (2), '10, '12 GS, '82 Collector Edition, '03, '90 C4 ZR-1

Joined: 10/11/2013
Posts: 108
I have the first year C3 '68 and have been thinking about picking up a C3 last year '82.
 
I don't know a thing about them and their reliability.  I know they came out with the Cross Fire Fuel Injection and the mileage and horse power went up over the preceding year.  I know they put the engine in the '84 C4 but not much else.
 
The asking prices and conditions are all over the map.  I know in reading about their average value, they have dropped a few % over the last year and are unexplainably low over all.
 
I have found what appears to be a nice one on craigs list locally.  It has 29,000 original miles and he dropped the price from $15,500 to $14,000.  This is more than I had in mind to spend because I wanted to tinker. 
 
My boss is looking for his first corvette and is thinking C6 around $30K, which he will be able to find a nice one for that.  However, since this is CO and we have limited driving months I thought this '82 in its condition and mileage for $14K might be a good first starter vette and it's a C3.
 
What do you guys think?
 
 


____________________________________

God  Bless, rick

'75 Steel Blue Stingray Convertible
'90 Bright Red C4 ZR-1
 
  
 Reply Reply  Quote Reply w/Quote
 
Support C3VR!
Suport our advertisers
2/21/14 10:55pm - Reply: 'Re: Info on 1982 Corvette'
johnu
Standard Member
- Send Private Message


Eagan, MN - USA

Vette(s):
1981 Corvette Two-Tone Claret color, 4 spd, C7 Vert

Joined: 5/23/2007
Posts: 504
Nice looking in the photos.  Buy the best quality one you can find....it's cheaper in the long run.  If you scan the threads in any Corvette forum it's easy to find many who paid $4,000 and $10,000 later it's still not as nice as an original one like this appears to be. 
Now many like bringing one back from the near dead and kudo's to them.  
 I'm at the point where I like to tinker with a microfibre towel and polish more then with a red shop rag and degreaser.


|UPDATED|2/21/2014 7:55:49 PM (AZT)|/UPDATED|


____________________________________
      Only 23 years together
 Reply Reply  Quote Reply w/Quote
2/21/14 10:54pm - Reply: 'Re: Info on 1982 Corvette'
dyoes
Former Member
- Send Private Message


Zachary, LA - USA

Vette(s):
1974 L-48 Auto. Just your basic Vette. GM crate motor w/vortec heads and intake. Crane cam. Scorpion rockers, Edelbrock carb. Lots of parts still in boxes... :(

Joined: 1/27/2013
Posts: 201
Old cars are worth what you're willing to pay for them.  Not trying to sound like a smart***, but there is no real valuation tool other than what your heart tells you.

Hagerty's says that the average value of a non-CE '82 is about $13K.  This one certainly looks above average, with low mileage.  As with any car, have it looked at.  These cars can hold lots of (expensive) surprises.

The big increase in gas mileage was the addition of the four speed automatic transmission.  I've been trolling eBay looking for a crossmember from an '82 so I can eventually do a tranny swap.

Many C3 snobs pooh-pooh the later cars because they weren't fast.  Hell, was anything fast in 1982?  In my opinion, the later C3s are gorgeous cars.  More luxury cruiser than sports car, but still drop dead beautiful.  What other car can say it had a 15 year run and didn't look dated?


____________________________________


"Let them that don't want none have memories of not gettin' any."
- Brother Dave Gardner

 Reply Reply  Quote Reply w/Quote
2/21/14 10:59pm - Reply: 'Re: Info on 1982 Corvette'
johnu
Standard Member
- Send Private Message


Eagan, MN - USA

Vette(s):
1981 Corvette Two-Tone Claret color, 4 spd, C7 Vert

Joined: 5/23/2007
Posts: 504

dyoes said:

Many C3 snobs pooh-pooh the later cars because they weren't fast.  Hell, was anything fast in 1982? 



LOL,
 
My last three mini-vans have had more HP then mine.   Cry


____________________________________
      Only 23 years together
 Reply Reply  Quote Reply w/Quote
2/22/14 1:07am - Reply: 'Re: Info on 1982 Corvette'
tb2k82ce Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
- Send Private Message


Lemon Grove, CA - USA

Vette(s):
1982 C3 Collectors Edition 44000 miles, sat in the sun most of it's life, My wife purchased it for me for fathers day in 2007 from her girl friend that had it for 19 years. It is on the road again. I'm retired but it is now my daily driver.

Joined: 10/17/2007
Posts: 2007
Thing about crossfire is few people know much about the crossfire. I know even in San Diego the 7th largest city in the USA there is maybe one person that knows them the other 15 corvette only shops want to swap out the crossfire intake for you.    Overall I like mine that said I have never been able to get it to run smooth at idle.  It does not run real ruff but I have friend that has a crossfire and it is idle real smooth. 

Second my mileage is about half of what it should be both problems are most likely tied together.   I do like not having a choke fuel injection is nice for cold or altitude issues.   What I would do besides checking the frame for rust and corrosion is see if it idles when warm around 550 to 650 rpm and is it smooth.  If it does then the crossfire TBIs are most likely balanced.  Having them balanced is an issue that can drive you up the wall.   The inside looks good and if you had to do that (I did) that would run you $2000 easy for carpets, seats, and door panels.  I paid $3000 from mine with most ever thing bad but no corrosion.  I will have $20,000 or more spent on it before it is done.  

I will own a Collector Edition that I could have purchased for a few thousand less than it cost me to restore it.

Summing it up in my book if runs good and frame is sound it looks like a good deal.


____________________________________
 
 Reply Reply  Quote Reply w/Quote
2/22/14 1:08am - Reply: 'Re: Info on 1982 Corvette'
jkardis
Former Member
- Send Private Message


Alton, IL - USA

Vette(s):
Red on red 1982 74,000 original miles

Joined: 10/14/2011
Posts: 2
I have an 1982 and love my car.  It is unique in my opinion.  Last of the c3 body style, first corvette with electronic fuel injection, and it is a drop dead gorgeous car.  I have made a few upgrades that have improved performance to a respectable level for a thirty year old car. I told my fiance that I was thinking about selling it and buying an 06 Z06. Her reply was "if you do, you are going to have to trade me in too!"  That being said there are a few things that you need to look for that I have dealt with while working on mine.  1.  One of the main areas of concern on the car are the dual throttle bodies. This setup works well until Bubba gets ahold of it.  The throttle shafts tend to wear out around 60,000 miles and cause a rough idle and throws them out of sync with each other.  The only solution to this is to have the shafts bushed in the housing or replaced all together.  Unfortunately alot of these cars have been touched by the hand of bubba thinking that bending the throttle linkage is the way to balance them, opening a whole other can of worms. 2. They sporadically have transmission issues related to the ecm.  I had a shift kit put in mine and that drastically improved the 10 second gas saver 1-2 shift.  I had all kinds of trouble in the beginning with what I thought was bad sensors, but turned out to be a faulty ecm.  I replaced the ecm and the PROM and have not had an electrical or mechanical problem since.  After I worked all the kinks out and reversed all the bad that had been done by previous bubba mechanics, my car has run flawlessly for the three years I have owned her.  Cranks on the first turn of the key every time.  My advice is if you are going to buy one, do the best you can to make sure that the people maintaining it knew the difference between electrical tape and properly connecting wires..... that is a story for another day!
P.S.  Upgrade to a fuel pump out of an 86, the regulators will smooth out the psi to an even 16psi (the stock pump offers about 11psi).  The crossfire prefers the added fuel pressure and you will notice a drastic change in the throttle response! Good luck from a proud crossfire owner!


____________________________________
 Reply Reply  Quote Reply w/Quote
2/28/14 1:13pm - Reply: 'Re: Info on 1982 Corvette'
jkardis
Former Member
- Send Private Message


Alton, IL - USA

Vette(s):
Red on red 1982 74,000 original miles

Joined: 10/14/2011
Posts: 2
Here she is....


(modified large image to link-aapple)




|UPDATED|2/28/2014 10:13:08 AM (AZT)|/UPDATED|


____________________________________
 Reply Reply  Quote Reply w/Quote
2/22/14 11:01pm - Reply: 'Re: Info on 1982 Corvette'
tb2k82ce Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
- Send Private Message


Lemon Grove, CA - USA

Vette(s):
1982 C3 Collectors Edition 44000 miles, sat in the sun most of it's life, My wife purchased it for me for fathers day in 2007 from her girl friend that had it for 19 years. It is on the road again. I'm retired but it is now my daily driver.

Joined: 10/17/2007
Posts: 2007
I completely agree with everything but the 16psi.  11psi is way low the guys at DCS like it in the 13psi area.  I was having problems with the engine running rich. so I went with 13psi and have not found any issues with performance.  

But you will if you do not have a new fuel pump and more than 12psi coming out of it.

You do want to replace the fuel pump for sure and yes it does come out from the top of the tank but it take some fiddling to get it out.  

Also be prepared to replace some of the gas hose when you do the pump.  Have a car available to go to the auto parts store.  

By the way you will need a special tool to adjust the fuel pressure and you will need a means to measure it between the TBI's.  The stock fuel lines will most likely be hard to get off and you need to be careful about bending them when you do try to take them off.  I purchase replacements with a place for a gauge before I took mine off.  I do not believe DCS offers that setup any more.  I do not know if they plan on doing it in the near future or not.

Some people thing a pressure gauge there is a waste of time and I understand where they are coming from.  But I figure it is better than connecting and disconnecting the line multiple times.  

I know that DCS has been less that responsive sometimes but I personally have purchase a lots of stuff from them including having them put bushing in my TBIs.   Fast they are not.  It took about 4 weeks for the TBIs round trip.  They did tell me it would be 3 to 5 weeks so they were within what they said.  I was just hoping for faster time.   

They have always done good by me including walking me through a number of things when there was no money involved.  http://www.crossfireinjection.net/

John 
Just a side note DCS has come up with a balancing tool for the TBIs that is a lot simpler than the water manometer process and more accurate than using paper as a filler gauge.  They are just waiting time to have them calibrated.  I build a water manometer and tried to balance mine but the shafts were worn to much to have much luck.


|UPDATED|2/22/2014 8:01:11 PM (AZT)|/UPDATED|


____________________________________
 
 Reply Reply  Quote Reply w/Quote
2/23/14 9:30pm - Reply: 'Re: Info on 1982 Corvette'
rmendoza
Former Member
- Send Private Message


Colorado Springs, CO - USA

Vette(s):
'68 (2), '75 (2), '86, '90, '98 (2), '06 (2), '10, '12 GS, '82 Collector Edition, '03, '90 C4 ZR-1

Joined: 10/11/2013
Posts: 108
Thanks to all of you Guys for you input!!!

I have 2 corvettes,  the  '68 that I just got and a '98 that my wife love and ain't going anywhere. Getting a 3rd will be dicey until 15 Apr.  I could probably swing $9k, which there are some, but after all that has been offered, I better get a good one or not at all.

There is still snow where the car is, so I've put off even going and looking at it for another week if it stays clear.  I will look at it before I discuss it with my wife.  It may be a DOA discussion, but what the heck all she can say is the same she said the last time, "What do you need more than one Corvette for?"..........and she gave in.

Thanks again all,



____________________________________

God  Bless, rick

'75 Steel Blue Stingray Convertible
'90 Bright Red C4 ZR-1
 
  
 Reply Reply  Quote Reply w/Quote
2/28/14 12:38pm - Reply: 'Re: Info on 1982 Corvette'
vettejack Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
- Send Private Message


Titusville, FL - USA

Vette(s):
1977 Coupe (White), 1982 Coupe (Silver), 2006 Convertible (Victory Red). NCM Life Member #2221.

Joined: 12/19/2007
Posts: 142
My '82 just turned 80,000 miles with no issues. Crisp, immediate starting, no hesitation on throttle up, and no dieseling when shutting down. Replaced TBI and metering units right from the start. Another preventive fix you might consider is pulling the fuel pump from the tank and immediately replace the teflon hose clamps with steel. At one point in time, my car would not stay running until my mechanic and I troublshot the system back to the pump and found rotten teflon.
 
Other than that, smooth as silk going down the road...turning heads and getting tons of thumbs up. I had people tell me that the car looks 'low' and "mean" in their rear view mirror and that its the shape is of what they remember about Corvette as a kid. I take the '82 to shows, leaving the '06 to travel with everything else. The '06 garners no where near the nostalgic conversation as what comes from viewing the '82. Thumbs Up
 
As far as price vs. mileage...I consider what you have told us here to be right in the ball park...Vette-n-Vestments quotes the '82 as average at $12,800, low price at $5750 and high price at $23,500.
 
I won't insult anyone here with what price goes with what condition of the vehicle. We all can figure out what low and high is when comparing the condition of the vehicle against money and value.
 
The Collectors Edition...which had its' own pricing, is not considered in this part of the conversation.
 
As far as my own '82? I would consider it a 17K to 19K car, just by what I've done to it. Some of that money could very well be sentimental value coming out as well.
 
One year appreciation for an '82 stands at 3%, while the 5 year appreciation stands at 2%, so, the '82 is doing fairly well and climbing.
 
With Mecum and BJ auctions saturating the 68-72 'bumper cars' market with big money, they will soon turn their attention to the last of the C3...betcha! 


|UPDATED|2/28/2014 9:38:26 AM (AZT)|/UPDATED|


____________________________________
 Reply Reply  Quote Reply w/Quote
2/28/14 2:08pm - Reply: 'Re: Info on 1982 Corvette'
rmendoza
Former Member
- Send Private Message


Colorado Springs, CO - USA

Vette(s):
'68 (2), '75 (2), '86, '90, '98 (2), '06 (2), '10, '12 GS, '82 Collector Edition, '03, '90 C4 ZR-1

Joined: 10/11/2013
Posts: 108
vettejack said: My '82 just turned 80,000 miles with no issues. Crisp, immediate starting, no hesitation on throttle up, and no dieseling when shutting down. Replaced TBI and metering units right from the start. Another preventive fix you might consider is pulling the fuel pump from the tank and immediately replace the teflon hose clamps with steel. At one point in time, my car would not stay running until my mechanic and I troublshot the system back to the pump and found rotten teflon.
 
Other than that, smooth as silk going down the road...turning heads and getting tons of thumbs up. I had people tell me that the car looks 'low' and "mean" in their rear view mirror and that its the shape is of what they remember about Corvette as a kid. I take the '82 to shows, leaving the '06 to travel with everything else. The '06 garners no where near the nostalgic conversation as what comes from viewing the '82. Thumbs Up
 
As far as price vs. mileage...I consider what you have told us here to be right in the ball park...Vette-n-Vestments quotes the '82 as average at $12,800, low price at $5750 and high price at $23,500.
 
I won't insult anyone here with what price goes with what condition of the vehicle. We all can figure out what low and high is when comparing the condition of the vehicle against money and value.
 
The Collectors Edition...which had its' own pricing, is not considered in this part of the conversation.
 
As far as my own '82? I would consider it a 17K to 19K car, just by what I've done to it. Some of that money could very well be sentimental value coming out as well.
 
One year appreciation for an '82 stands at 3%, while the 5 year appreciation stands at 2%, so, the '82 is doing fairly well and climbing.
 
With Mecum and BJ auctions saturating the 68-72 'bumper cars' market with big money, they will soon turn their attention to the last of the C3...betcha! 




Thank you so much!  Your comments along with the others, is building my confidence!
 
I have a '68 numbers matching L-79 bla bla bla that needs nothing that I bought on ebay for $23,600.  First year of the C3......this is what happens over the winter when you have more thinking time than driving time.......I thought wouldn't it be nice to also have the last year C3.  So I started looking on the internet and happen to find this one about 15 miles away. 
 
I've spoken to the owner and he echos his add, so the proof will be in the pudding, so to speak.  I've been to my Credit Union to Posture the buy, so I'm ready to go!  I've got an appointment to see it tomorrow at noon.  He told me that he has one other interested party in Breckenridge CO, but I called first so I get first shot.  Not sure if this is a seller's ploy or if it's true. 
 
Agreeing with your thought on the future appreciation of the '82, this car's condition and low mileage, I thought it might be a good opportunity.  I was thinking of offering $13,000, not to low ball but just to get the best deal possible.  However when I see and drive it, if it is as stated and with all the pointers that I've gotten,  I'm not sure I want to let it get away
at $14,000.
 
All good stuff though......quick start.......idles smooth.  I heard no complains about the ride, suspension, brakes etc. on '82s.  I love to do Car Shows so I'll be giving the interior and exterior cosmetics and the wheels a hard look.
 
Thanks again guys!!!


____________________________________

God  Bless, rick

'75 Steel Blue Stingray Convertible
'90 Bright Red C4 ZR-1
 
  
 Reply Reply  Quote Reply w/Quote
3/3/14 8:10pm - Reply: 'Re: Info on 1982 Corvette'
rmendoza
Former Member
- Send Private Message


Colorado Springs, CO - USA

Vette(s):
'68 (2), '75 (2), '86, '90, '98 (2), '06 (2), '10, '12 GS, '82 Collector Edition, '03, '90 C4 ZR-1

Joined: 10/11/2013
Posts: 108
tb2k82ce said: I completely agree with everything but the 16psi.  11psi is way low the guys at DCS like it in the 13psi area.  I was having problems with the engine running rich. so I went with 13psi and have not found any issues with performance.  

But you will if you do not have a new fuel pump and more than 12psi coming out of it.

You do want to replace the fuel pump for sure and yes it does come out from the top of the tank but it take some fiddling to get it out.  

Also be prepared to replace some of the gas hose when you do the pump.  Have a car available to go to the auto parts store.  

By the way you will need a special tool to adjust the fuel pressure and you will need a means to measure it between the TBI's.  The stock fuel lines will most likely be hard to get off and you need to be careful about bending them when you do try to take them off.  I purchase replacements with a place for a gauge before I took mine off.  I do not believe DCS offers that setup any more.  I do not know if they plan on doing it in the near future or not.

Some people thing a pressure gauge there is a waste of time and I understand where they are coming from.  But I figure it is better than connecting and disconnecting the line multiple times.  

I know that DCS has been less that responsive sometimes but I personally have purchase a lots of stuff from them including having them put bushing in my TBIs.   Fast they are not.  It took about 4 weeks for the TBIs round trip.  They did tell me it would be 3 to 5 weeks so they were within what they said.  I was just hoping for faster time.   

They have always done good by me including walking me through a number of things when there was no money involved.  http://www.crossfireinjection.net/

John 
Just a side note DCS has come up with a balancing tool for the TBIs that is a lot simpler than the water manometer process and more accurate than using paper as a filler gauge.  They are just waiting time to have them calibrated.  I build a water manometer and tried to balance mine but the shafts were worn to much to have much luck.




Thanks again guys!!!  I didn't buy that nice '82 Silver Coupe...........but I found a '82 Collector Edition in great shape with 52,000.  He has window sticker, tank sticker, and a great story behind it.  Cosmeticly very good and tight.  Starts right away, no smoke, no rust under neath, but runs a little rough.  Spoke to the Corvette Center and that said when they sit to long the injectors can clog up.  He said if I bring it to him for anywhere from $200 to $1,000 it's run great.  I got the car for $13,500.  Here is the link.  Again thanks and I already have my first question
 
 
The '82 has a 85mph speedometer.......what happens to the speedometer when you drive it 90 or 95 or.........?  Do you damage it?
 

 


____________________________________

God  Bless, rick

'75 Steel Blue Stingray Convertible
'90 Bright Red C4 ZR-1
 
  
 Reply Reply  Quote Reply w/Quote
3/3/14 11:38pm - Reply: 'Re: Info on 1982 Corvette'
Adams' Apple Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Moderator
- Send Private Message


Duncanville, TX - USA

Vette(s):
#1-1974 L-48 4spd Cp Med Red Metallic/Black deluxe int w/AC/tilt/tele./p/w-p/b/ Am-Fm/map light National/Regional/Chapter NCRS "Top Flight" #2-1985 Bright Red/Carmine Cp.L-98/auto Member: NCRS, NCRS Texas, Corvette Legends of Texas

Joined: 11/8/2003
Posts: 19448
rmendoza said:The '82 has a 85mph speedometer.......what happens to the speedometer when you drive it 90 or 95 or.........?  Do you damage it?


Nope. Shouldn't hurt a thing. Thumbs Up
 
Congrats on the Collector's Edition!! Clap


____________________________________
Joel Adams
C3VR Lifetime Member #56    
My Link


(click for Texas-sized view!)
             NCRS

"Money can't buy happiness -- but somehow it's more comforting to cry in a CORVETTE than in a Kia"
 Reply Reply  Quote Reply w/Quote
3/4/14 12:30am - Reply: 'Re: Info on 1982 Corvette'
DaveM Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
- Send Private Message


Flanders, NJ - USA

Vette(s):
1982 Black, ZZ4, Hooker Side Pipes, 3.55 Rear, Rebuilt & upgraded 700R4, All new suspension, brakes, & new Charcoal interior.

Joined: 1/27/2004
Posts: 2530

Trust me, going over 85 does not hurt the speedo. Good luck with the CE!

Dave



____________________________________
 

Lifetime Member #116
Dave's '82


   
 Reply Reply  Quote Reply w/Quote
3/4/14 1:44pm - Reply: 'Re: Info on 1982 Corvette'
dskopp
Former Member
- Send Private Message


Oak Creek, WI - USA

Vette(s):
1981 Great White Shark. Red Interior, 350/190hp. PS, PB (SS), A/C CC, T-Tops, Going to remain as Stock as possible. Served three years in Active Duty Army, then Retired Air Force after 34 years! Badger State Vetts Car Club. 175,000 Original miles!!

Joined: 5/21/2008
Posts: 1956
rmendoza said: I have the first year C3 '68 and have been thinking about picking up a C3 last year '82.
 
I don't know a thing about them and their reliability.  I know they came out with the Cross Fire Fuel Injection and the mileage and horse power went up over the preceding year.  I know they put the engine in the '84 C4 but not much else.
 
The asking prices and conditions are all over the map.  I know in reading about their average value, they have dropped a few % over the last year and are unexplainably low over all.
 
I have found what appears to be a nice one on craigs list locally.  It has 29,000 original miles and he dropped the price from $15,500 to $14,000.  This is more than I had in mind to spend because I wanted to tinker. 
 
My boss is looking for his first corvette and is thinking C6 around $30K, which he will be able to find a nice one for that.  However, since this is CO and we have limited driving months I thought this '82 in its condition and mileage for $14K might be a good first starter vette and it's a C3.
 
What do you guys think?
 

The 82 had the first crossfire injection engine not fuel injection.  Is the 1982 a Collector's Edition or the base model???  The price you state is a good price for the Collector Edition but not for the base model.

Dan da Man


(fixed quote box-aapple)


|UPDATED|3/4/2014 10:44:59 AM (AZT)|/UPDATED|


____________________________________
          



(click to see a larger image)
 Reply Reply  Quote Reply w/Quote
3/4/14 11:08am - Reply: 'Re: Info on 1982 Corvette'
rmendoza
Former Member
- Send Private Message


Colorado Springs, CO - USA

Vette(s):
'68 (2), '75 (2), '86, '90, '98 (2), '06 (2), '10, '12 GS, '82 Collector Edition, '03, '90 C4 ZR-1

Joined: 10/11/2013
Posts: 108
Dan,
The link that was in your "Quote" was a base coupe.
 
The one I bought had the link below and is in fact a Collector Edition
 
 
Not only can you see from the pictures, but the VIN has a 0 in the 6th position designating it a CE.
 
Originally a Colorado car being sold at Purifoy Chevrolet in Ft Luption CO.  I pulled CARFAX and it picked it up in 2001 when it was registered in CA.  The 6 records in CARFAX indicating periodic re-registration and only 1290 miles were put on the car since 2001.
 
 


____________________________________

God  Bless, rick

'75 Steel Blue Stingray Convertible
'90 Bright Red C4 ZR-1
 
  
 Reply Reply  Quote Reply w/Quote
3/4/14 8:05pm - Reply: 'Re: Info on 1982 Corvette'
chronos51
Former Member
- Send Private Message


Phoenix, AZ - USA

Vette(s):
1982 corvette crossfire production numer C5101985. Color is silver and claret. All original numbers match. slight mods to crossfire for better efficiancy and power balanced and added fuel pressure assembly between throttle bodies,

Joined: 6/12/2011
Posts: 139
I have an 82 CE that is balanced, tuned, 50k output hei, runs best at 12 psi between throttle bodies (fuel pressure gauge between throttle bodies. upgraded 86 fuel pump for higher out put, smaller torque converter, b and m shift kit in tranny. 76,400 miles. 

I dont have an issue with it, once i got the right fuel pressure she runs great. 
Sure I have to tinker on it now and then, but it idles at 500 rpm, shifts good, fly's down the highway.

Marcus 


____________________________________




 Reply Reply  Quote Reply w/Quote
3/5/14 12:05am - Reply: 'Re: Info on 1982 Corvette'
dskopp
Former Member
- Send Private Message


Oak Creek, WI - USA

Vette(s):
1981 Great White Shark. Red Interior, 350/190hp. PS, PB (SS), A/C CC, T-Tops, Going to remain as Stock as possible. Served three years in Active Duty Army, then Retired Air Force after 34 years! Badger State Vetts Car Club. 175,000 Original miles!!

Joined: 5/21/2008
Posts: 1956
rmendoza said: Dan,
The link that was in your "Quote" was a base coupe.
 
The one I bought had the link below and is in fact a Collector Edition
 
 
Not only can you see from the pictures, but the VIN has a 0 in the 6th position designating it a CE.
 
Originally a Colorado car being sold at Purifoy Chevrolet in Ft Luption CO.  I pulled CARFAX and it picked it up in 2001 when it was registered in CA.  The 6 records in CARFAX indicating periodic re-registration and only 1290 miles were put on the car since 2001.
 
 


Dummy me never looked at the URL you sent!!!  DUH!!!!  You got it??  Great!

Dan da Man


____________________________________
          



(click to see a larger image)
 Reply Reply  Quote Reply w/Quote
3/5/14 11:27am - Reply: 'Re: Info on 1982 Corvette'
rmendoza
Former Member
- Send Private Message


Colorado Springs, CO - USA

Vette(s):
'68 (2), '75 (2), '86, '90, '98 (2), '06 (2), '10, '12 GS, '82 Collector Edition, '03, '90 C4 ZR-1

Joined: 10/11/2013
Posts: 108
johnu said:

dyoes said:

Many C3 snobs pooh-pooh the later cars because they weren't fast.  Hell, was anything fast in 1982? 



LOL,
 
My last three mini-vans have had more HP then mine.   Cry

John,
 
After 40 + years of corvettes, I have to agree with you.  In the 10 I've had, I've experienced hair raising situations in my youth and more controlled pleasurable experiences as I matured.  As I mellow with age my attention and appreciation has shifted to the shear beauty of the lines and the reliability of a Chevy.  All with their special aspects, IMO a beautiful C3 has that eye drawing, jaw dropping capability to leave an indelible image on your mind.  
 
When I test drove the '82 CE saturday, I got the feeling that I was in a touring car with its great freeway ride.  With a great story and price, it was a no brainer.  This is the car that I'm taking on the National Corvette Caravan this year.  Assembly Plant move to BG in '81 and the '82s their first production run, I'm taking her to her birthplace.



____________________________________

God  Bless, rick

'75 Steel Blue Stingray Convertible
'90 Bright Red C4 ZR-1
 
  
 Reply Reply  Quote Reply w/Quote
3/5/14 11:54am - Reply: 'Re: Info on 1982 Corvette'
dskopp
Former Member
- Send Private Message


Oak Creek, WI - USA

Vette(s):
1981 Great White Shark. Red Interior, 350/190hp. PS, PB (SS), A/C CC, T-Tops, Going to remain as Stock as possible. Served three years in Active Duty Army, then Retired Air Force after 34 years! Badger State Vetts Car Club. 175,000 Original miles!!

Joined: 5/21/2008
Posts: 1956
rmendoza said:
johnu said:

dyoes said:

Many C3 snobs pooh-pooh the later cars because they weren't fast.  Hell, was anything fast in 1982? 



LOL,
 
My last three mini-vans have had more HP then mine.   Cry

John,
 
After 40 + years of corvettes, I have to agree with you.  In the 10 I've had, I've experienced hair raising situations in my youth and more controlled pleasurable experiences as I matured.  As I mellow with age my attention and appreciation has shifted to the shear beauty of the lines and the reliability of a Chevy.  All with their special aspects, IMO a beautiful C3 has that eye drawing, jaw dropping capability to leave an indelible image on your mind.  
 
When I test drove the '82 CE saturday, I got the feeling that I was in a touring car with its great freeway ride.  With a great story and price, it was a no brainer.  This is the car that I'm taking on the National Corvette Caravan this year.  Assembly Plant move to BG in '81 and the '82s their first production run, I'm taking her to her birthplace.


I will be doing the caravan also!!  Hope to meet with you, rmendoza!!



____________________________________
          



(click to see a larger image)
 Reply Reply  Quote Reply w/Quote
 New Topic New Topic Post Reply Reply New Poll New Poll Search     Search Page [1] 2  
 Forums -> C3 General Discussion
(Moderator: Adam Wartell, Norsky, Adams' Apple)
 

 
Official C3 Vette Registry Community:
Home | Forums | Email | Who's Online | Clubs | Events | Member Stats

Other Official C3 Vette Registry Areas:
Members | Research | Shop | My Account | About C3VR
 

Corvette is a registered trademark of the General Motors Corporation(GM) & Chevrolet Motor Division. Vette Registries, LLC is responsible for all site content (except for member submitted content or where otherwise noted) and does not claim or imply that Chevrolet or GM is responsible for Official C3 Vette Registry content. Vette Registries, LLC is independent from GM and is not affiliated with, sponsored or supported by GM.  Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended, or implied and are in fact used to support GM, Chevrolet and Corvette

Official C3 Vette Registry content is Copyright 2001-2017, Vette Registries, LLC. Content may not be reused without written consent. All Rights Reserved. NS

Corvette (Vette) Model Years on this site: 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 30