Not sure where this post belongs, but let's try this.
Gunna build a 350. Already have the block. Could use some recommendations.
(1) Not for a Vette (unfortunately). Big secret!
So don't ask.
(2) Reliable street motor, probably no more than about 400 hp.
(3) Low enough compression to run on pump gas.
(4) Cutting weight is a plus. Willing to go with aluminum heads, intake, lighter flywheel, etc. to cut weight. If too expensive, probably go with great cast heads (new Vortec Bow-Tie??).
(5) Will run headers with dual exhaust.
(6) Keeping cost down is a plus, but not a show stopper. Don't wanna scrimp on the good stuff, but don't need the fancy, trick stuff.
(7) Probably run a BG Demon 750 carb (only 'cause I got one).
Suggestions? I'd sure appreciate it. Mike