Well a lot of people liked my post on how to post pictures online so I thought I'd start a thread on just one way to post pictures here on C3VR.
You should probably print these instruction if you are just learning how to do this.
First of all you need to go to PhotoBucket.com
and set-up a free account. This is a picture hosting site.
2. Once you have an account you need to create a folder to store your photos in.
3. On the top of your account page you will see 3 or so Browse buttons. Click the first one and your computer will open a selection box. Locate the folder on your computer containing your photos and double click on it. This will open the folder and show all your photos.
4. Find the photo that you want to load on PhotoBucket and double click on it. This will close the selection box and place that photo in that browse line. Repeat this as many times as needed for each Browse button available.
5. If you want to load more then 3 photos click on the + add more button below the 3rd Browse button. This will give you like 15 more Browse buttons.
6. When you have all your pictures loaded into the Browse lines click the big Upload button under the bottom Browse line. Depending on the size of your photos and the amount of photos it may take several minutes to load them.
7. Once your pictures appear in your folder you will see 3 lines under each picture, URL Link, HTML Tag, and IMG Code. The 2 you will use the most will be the URL and IMG.
8. Click on the URL Link and it will tell you that the line was copied. Once copied come to your post here on C3VR and paste that Link where you want it. An example of one of my photos is below in URL, click on it.
If you click on the IMG Code
line it will tell you that the line was copied. Once again, come to your post here on C3VR and paste that line in your post. Pasting the IMG Code into your post will create a link to your photo. If it does not automatically convert to a clickable link (underlined and blue), then you'll have to make it clickable by using the Insert Hyperlink button:
(just above the box where you enter your post). If you want people to see the photo in your post (instead of having to click on the link) you'll have to insert the photo into your post. You can only do that after clicking
the button. You will not see the insert image button (
) on the "Quick Reply" form. After the Insert Image window comes up and finishes loading, paste the IMG Code into the "Image URL" box, then click the "OK" button. An example of how your picture will show up when inserting it into your post is below.
If you post a photo that is too large, then Jim (Norsky) will convert your IMG Code into a URL Link
Very large photos take very long to load slowing down the computer performance of people using dial-up internet connections.
(btw - the image above is a tad on the large side. Norsky)
Free PhotoBucket accounts limit the number and size of photos that you are allowed. I pay $25 a year and have unlimited storeage space and photo size. Its worth it to me since I have literally hundreds of photos stored there.
If you are still having problems either Private Message me or post here and I'll try and help you further. Good luck and let me know if this helped anyone (Adam added some text to step 9)
LIFETIME MEMBER #117
Click here to see my new friend P-Racer
"Keep up the Pace"